GiftAdvisor.com is an innovative, product and technology focused company providing a full-service gift recommendation platform. We work with several merchant partners, from small business retail shops to B2B wholesalers and global e-commerce enterprises. We integrate with merchant solutions and third party integratorsto apply our industry expertise deliver most innovative and easy-to-use gift recommendation platform that leverage the latest technology to improve the experience for both consumers are merchants.
GiftAdvisor.com is a forward-thinking company that is looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals with an ownership mindset who are interested in making a meaningful difference. We offer an inspiring work environment, where your ideas and contributions are valued and you can experience first-hand the impact of your contributions.
GiftAdvisor.com is looking for an experienced operations MySQL database engineer who will play a major role in the architecture, design, implementation, operations and maintenance of the company's database infrastructure. These databases support both Merchant as well as consumer platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to (other duties may be assigned):
- Bring DBA expertise and best practices to scale and optimize current database environment
- Create capacity plan
- Manage installation, configuration, backup, recovery, upgrades for databases in staging and production environments
- Perform database health monitoring and diagnostics
- Implement monitoring, auditing, and alert systems
- Work with development teams on performance tuning and query optimization
- Review schema designs and updates
- Design, implement, and maintain appropriate backup and recovery architecture
- Document and update procedures and processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 3+ experience as Database Administrator
- 5+ years experience with MySQL
- At least 3 years of experience as database administrator in a high volume environment with experience in - Clustering, Replication, Backup & recovery, High availability (HA), Load balancing, Query optimization, Schema design, Disaster recovery
- Strong understanding of related system, web applications, and web servers
- Ability to develop procedures, processes and conventions to standardize database operations
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
- Experience with Cloud based systems or Virtual environments
- Good attitude, motivated to learn and can pick things up quickly on their own